|Gerald D. Jennings |
Nicholas J. D’Antonio
Frank W. Zeoli
Director of Recycling
Meghan A. Ruby
Department of General Services
One Richard J. Conners Blvd
Albany, New York 12204
Phone - 518-434-2489(CITY)
Click here to view the City of Albany municipal codes
Visit our website at www.albanyny.gov for more information on the city of Albany's recycling rules and regulations.
MESSAGE FROM THE COMMISSIONER
The City of Albany provides a comprehensive curbside waste collection program to residents living in residential dwellings with 4 or fewer units located on a single property within the city limits.
This weekly curbside collection program includes trash, recycling, yardwaste, white goods and bulky item collection. We provide residents with 2 recycling bins (1 green & 1 blue). The green bin is for paper and cardboard and the blue bin is for glass, metal cans and plastic containers. Note: Residents who do not generate enough paper to warrant a green bin can place all of their recycling in the blue bin.
The ultimate goal of our program is to make all aspects of recycling easier so that we may enjoy the many benefits that it provides. The health of our environment, the extended life our landfills and the environmental awareness it raises in our children, are just some of these benefits.
In addition to the standard weekly pickups, we provide numerous recycling programs such as Household Hazardous Waste drop off events, Electronic recycling and a full service compost facility.
Finally The City of Albany, Department of General Services owns and operates its own landfill, servicing 14 different municipalities in 2 counties. The challenges and benefits that this presents make us highly aware of the issues surrounding waste collection in our modern society. It motivates us to continue providing the most all-encompassing waste collection program possible for our city. It requires us to strive for continuous improvements in recycling and waste disposal for the betterment of our city and our planet Earth.
Nicholas J. D’Antonio
|Albany's Recycling Initiatives |
- Created a new Recycling Website.
- Expanded Curbside Recycling Collection to include 3-7 plastic containers.
- Created an Informational Commerical recycling program.
- Created an Office Recycling Program in all city buildings.
- Institued a Green Bin alternative into our Residential Recycling program.
- Created several new flyers and brochures to better explain recycling rules and guidelines in the city of albany. For a list of these flyers and publications click here.
- Created a Light Bulb Disposal Policy
- Created and Introduced a Recycling program into the all schools located within the city of Albany.